La Sportiva Glacier WLF Wildland Firefighting Mountaineering Boot, Natural, 45
The La Sportiva Glacier WLF Wildland Firefighting Boot is a go-to for many backcountry pros and firefighters looking for a break from their traditional heavy duty front line boots. Based on a mountaineering boot these are lightweight, comfortable yet durable boots still provide the heat resistance, ankle height and metal shank required by Federal standards for most work. You don’t have to be on a fire crew to appreciate these either, they are a great option for backpackers looking for a rugged boot that will stand the test of time, need high ankle protection or want something multi use for but work and play.
- HEAT RESISTANT rubber up to 300c, glue to 70c and 8-inch boot height meet US federal standards for wildland firefighters, post-fire clean-up but not front-line firefighting.
- DURABLE mountaineering style work boot that is tough enough for wildland, forestry, backpacking and trail building work; Roughout leather upper block out moisture on the jobsite and in the backcountry
- LIGHTWEIGHT materials maintain breathability and keeps boot weight low without sacrificing the dependability fire fighters, Forest Service professionals, winter backpackers and thru hikers demand
- HALF STEEL SHANK protects your feet from sharp objects; MtnFlex sole give just the right amount of comfort you won’t see in a heavy-duty boot
- VIBRAM ICE SOLE give you traction across mud, rocky terrain, sand and other conditions found while back packing or working in land management, wild land firefighting, forestry, BLM and hotshot crews