Mavic XA Elite Carbon Wheel Front 29'' Holes: 24 15mm TA 110mm
The advantages of carbon rims are well-known by now: They are light, they are stiff, and they can be built to be nearly indestructible. But with this new trail-riding wheel, we also focused on ride quality. There is such a thing as too stiff, and the XA Elite was developed over time to find the perfect balance that also includes just enough vertical compliance to smooth out the ride quality and optimize tire performance. It all starts with the layup of the carbon fiber itself. We went through several iterations to arrive at the perfect formula, as deemed by our experienced test riders. The rims have an asymmetric shape and are 30mm wide, perfect for getting the most out of just about any trail riding tire. We use 24 straight-pull spokes to further dial in the spot between lateral stiffness and vertical compliance. The hubs feature our new ID 360 freewheel for durability and fast engagement. They are set up for 6-Bolt discs and compatible with all current axle standards including Standard and Boost.
- Full-carbon rim delivers quick acceleration and a responsive feel.
- 30mm internal width rims are optimized for larger trail tires.
- Hookless rim profile reduces tire burbs and creates stronger rim.
- Laterally stiff with just enough vertical compliance.
- Two-cross spoke pattern on the front and rear creates a smooth, comfortable ride quality.